Monday, November 30, 2009

A Thanksgiving to Remember

The day after Thanksgiving a number of us were at the church to produce more egg roll to sell to raise money for the youth. As we were doing our usual packaging a man came to the church wanting to talk to me. So I went out of the kitchen to meet the gentleman. It turns out the man was in need of money. He was trying to see his two boys in Santa Clarita last Thursday but just didn't have the money. That is why he came to the church. He already went to the Catholic Church across the street but all he got was Bureaucracy and impossibilities. As I was talking to him I felt his persistent faith. He reminded me of Jacob when he wrestled with God. Jacob's words were "I am not going to let you go until you bless me." In the same way the man that I met at the church was somewhat like Jacob. He is not leaving the church until we at the church bless him. At first, I told him that I only have a dollar in my wallet (which was true) and that we don't have cash at hand at the church. But the man persisted. He said to me, "don't give me that...show me a God of possibilities." And so after I laid my dollar I went back to the kitchen and told the others of this man's situation. It didn't take long before my dollar multiplied as the church members gave what they could. The man ended up having more than enough for hid bus fare and food. Before he left, the man shared his concerns and thanked us. So we prayed for him and blessed him. To this day I have never had anything like this in terms of experience. I am thankful to God that God gave us this opportunity to bless this man this Thanksgiving. We are blessed! Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment