Sunday, July 5, 2009

2009 NAFAUM Convocation Update...

Last Thursday, my pastor friend and his son, myself, and my two kids went on the road to attend the 12th biennial convocation of the National Association of Filipino-American United Methodist in Dallas, Texas.

While on the road, we made stops in Arizona and New Mexico before arriving Saturday afternoon in Dallas. One of places that we ate was at Rudy's restaurant in New Mexico which is known for their barbeque food and sauces.

After our arrival, my daughter went with some of our relatives to the fourth of July picnic and fireworks display in Plano.

The next morning we attended the 11:00 am service of the First United Methodist Church of Plano where my wife and I got married some ten years ago, and ate with some family members at a local Chinese restaurant.

This afternoon I will be attending the opening session of the convocation. I am looking forward to seeing the new Philippine bishop of the Baguio Episcopal Area Bishop Rudy Juan and Bishop Earl Bledsoe of the Dallas Area of the South Central Jurisdiction of the United Methodist Church. It all begins tonight. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment